Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
8 Easy Firefox Tweaks for Super Fast Browsing
11-16-2011, 02:27 PM
8 Easy Firefox Tweaks for Super Fast Browsing
Fast loading web pages while surfing the Internet may have more to do with your web browser settings and preferences than your Internet connection speed.

Try these easy Firefox tweaks and you’ll see that you’re surfing the Internet from 3 to 30 times faster!

To get started, open your Firefox web browser. In the address/location bar type [about:config] and then press your Enter key. (NOTE: DON’T TYPE THE BRACKETS.)

Follow the steps prpoperly..

Tweaks #1:

In the Filter bar type [network.http.pipelining]. Then, double-click on this line under Preference Name in order to change the value from false to true.

Tweak #2:

In the Filter bar type [network.http.pipelining.maxrequests]. Then, double-click on this line under Preference Name and change the value from 4 to a higher number anywhere from 10 to 30. For the best choose 10.

Tweak #3:

In the Filter bar type [network.http.proxy.pipelining]. Then, double-click on this line under Preference Name in order to change the value from false to true.

Tweak #4:

In the Filter bar type [network.dns.disableIPv6]. Then, double-click on this line under Preference Name in order to change the value from false to true.

Tweak #5:

In the Filter bar type [plugin.expose_full_path]. Then, double-click on this line under Preference Name in order to change the value from false to true.

Tweak #6:

In the Filter bar type [network.protocol-handler.external.ms-help]. Now, you are going to create a new Preference Name with an Integer Value. To do this, right-click on this line under Preference Name and select New, then Integer.

In the New Integer value box type in [nglayout.initialpaint.delay] and click OK. Then in the Enter Integer value box type [0] (that’s a zero) and click OK.

Tweak #7:

In the Filter bar again type [network.protocol-handler.external.ms-help]. Now, you are going to create another new Preference Name with an Integer Value. To do this, right-click on this line under Preference Name and select New, then Integer. In the New Integer value box type in [content.notify.backoffcount] and click OK. Then in the Enter Integer value box type [5] and click OK.

Tweak #8:

In the Filter bar again type [network.protocol-handler.external.ms-help]. Now, you are going to create another new Preference Name with an Integer Value. To do this, right-click on this line under Preference Name and select New, then Integer. In the New Integer value box type in [ui.submenuDelay] and click OK. Then in the Enter Integer value box type [0] (that’s a zero) and click OK

Now, close your web browser and restart it. You’ll see how much faster web pages are loading. I sure did.

Enjoy..!

credits to pallindrome

"Patience is the key to success" Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2011, 10:02 PM
RE: 8 Easy Firefox Tweaks for Super Fast Browsing
Wow, you got a good tut here, i hope it works for me.
11-17-2011, 01:12 AM
im sure it will works for you.. just follow the tweaks well..

11-18-2011, 03:29 PM
it works for me..i think it is 2x faster now.

Mobile Hacks and Tricks
11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
bro can u pls explain what is the use of all that tweaks u have there like for example
[network.http.pipelining] <- what does this do?
11-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Ok dude, i will ask mr. pallindrome for that matter..

11-18-2011, 11:39 PM
thx Big Grin..i was just wondering about those configs Big Grin.
11-19-2011, 02:59 AM
hahah.. ok, i will ask somebody about this. not really familiar with it..once and for all im not a programmer..

11-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Confirmed, this works, I applied everything here.. how cute FF used the Be Careful, I promise prompt box Smile)
11-19-2011, 03:05 AM
good for you ShunKoi, i know you follow the tweaks well.